Wednesday was my first night back to work. I decided to have a Mommy and John Huston day. It had been a while since we had one of these because of us putting down hardwood floors in the house and other spring time chores that needed to get done. I cleaned the house the day before so I could spend all of my attention on John Huston. We used to combine it with a "pajama day" on rainy days but since we were meeting with his babysitter we got dressed. We played with his suffed animals and toys, "rock rock" in the glider while I sang to him and rubbed my chin against his sweet little head, sat on the front porch and went for a stoller ride on our street. I am going to miss being his full time Mommy 24/7 but at least I am giong back to work 7 days on, 7 day off so I can have 2 weeks out of the month off with him. We are so happy that ever since Easter night, he has been sleeping 8 hours. I just thought it was because he was so exhausted from all of excitement and stimulation of Easter, but he has been sleeping soundly like this ever since. I guess he knew he better since I was going back to work and his Daddy would be getting up with him ;)
Before I got ready to leave, I gave him some extra loving. I kissed him many times in that special spot on his forehead where there is a gap in between his eyebrowns. I sang and talked to him while he chimed in on his "whooahhhs and bluuuueeess." I gave him his bath a little longer with extra bubbles and we played with his fish and rubber ducky. Lloyd gave him his bedtime bottle while I finished getting ready and he was passed out. We put him to bed and I couldn't kiss him goodnight because I knew I wouldn't able to drive to work. He did great and slept until Lloyd left for work that next morning.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment