Thursday, April 23, 2009

I survived!

So I survived my first week (pattern) back to work since having John Huston. It was really hard, especially with our babysitter crisis. I hope no one has to go through what we did! I did get low census in the middle of the pattern (Sat night) and got to stay at home so it was nice not to have to work 7 days straight. Plus that helped Lloyd out with not having JH all weekend by himself. I had to stay up with him all day Wednesday when I got home from work, but thank goodness he took 2 naps and we snuggled up in the bed together and caught up on some Mommy & baby time. He was so happy to have me home with him all day. A friend of mine told me that going back to work just makes you value your time with your baby even more. I see exactly what she means. Here are a few things that I missed most while working:

his little cries early in the morning when he is waking up ready to eat for the first time

his big grin after he eats and is ready to start the day

him kicking and cooing on the changing table first thing in the morning

me looking down at him while he is nursing and he stops and makes that heartmelting smile

John Huston having that special conversation with me while I dress him

watching him go crazy in his bouncey seat kicking, blowing bubbles and cooing

cuddling on the couch with him and taking naps together

rocking him to sleep for his naps and feeling his body go limp in my arms

hearing his snores and smacking of lips while sleeping

and of course, sleeping at night

Those are just a few things I noticed that I missed the most on Wednesday and this morning. During the weekend, he started waking up during the middle of the night with a wet diaper and wouldn't go back to sleep unless Lloyd changed it. Then he would go back to sleep and wake up around normal time to eat (5-6 am). I even put a size larger diaper on him at night and he still wakes up with it. This little man does not like to be wet or dirty one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment