Saturday, August 1, 2009

First Bites of Baby Food

I really wanted to wait and start real baby food when John Huston was 6 months old. He was getting rice cereal and oatmeal twice a day since 4 months old and I knew he was ready. I decided to give him peas first and lets just say we had a big green mess! I did really well though and took a couple of bites but then decided he just rather have his bottle instead. I had given him his rice cereal with mixed fruit for breakfast and he wasn't used to have to eat for lunch too. They said it was best to start with the foods earlier in the day so you can tell if it doesn't agree with them. When I gave him the peas again in the evening for dinner he was very unpleasant and pitched a fit! I don't know how much more I can do with the peas, so I might be on to green beans sooner than I thought!

No More Peas Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment